Sunday, March 23, 2014

PERMANENT ACCESORIES

We all have our favorite accesories that we use over and over. They become part of us and sometimes serve as a statement of who we are and what we like to proyect toward others.
I have three favorite Accesories, one is semi-permanent and the others are going to be there for life.
I´m talking about my tattoos and piercing.

They have very personal meanings serving as reminders of important recent changes in my life, and I'm very proud to wear them everyday.

The advice I can give about acquiring such "accesories" is to really think them thoroughly, because they dont have to be a "trend" like all those triangles, anchors, infinity signs and owls I´ve seen around. They have to be your best accesory, reflecting who you are and your lifestyle.

We live in a country where tatoos and piercing are associated with "gangs" and to have them can turn into a big issue  when applying for certain jobs, so it is important to consider if it is worth it.
When your mind is made up, obviously look for someone with the talent to create something unique and classy.

For me its about words and symbols more than full colored images. I admire them as art, but wouldn´t actually have a complete sleeve tattooed on my arm.
I love how the ones I have compliment my outfits and I don't have to cover them.

So even if its hard to put on lipstick with the lip ring on, I have mastered the art quite succesfully in time for all those lip color trends for spring 2014 and I'm not planning on taking it off for a while.

photograph by Doña Barbara FOLK magazine

photograph by Stevan Marroquin (my tatoo artist)

photograph by Diana Tanchez, blogger Petitgraphie blog



No comments :

Post a Comment